Founded by Jameel Bryant in 2013, with funding from private donors and local supporters, Kearah's Place was born as a small group of individuals providing information, referrals, and guidance to women in crisis.
Kearah's Place programs and services help women make permanent life changes. Since our founding in 2013, Kearah's Place has transformed the lives of homeless and low-income women by providing safe, affordable and supportive community housing and educational resources to empower each woman to become financially independently, regardless of her circumstances.
Kearah's serves women in transition in the community with classes on technology, life skills and job readiness, community referrals, an open computer lab and free clothing boutique.
At Kearah's Place, each year presents new opportunities, new hope, and new beginnings. With your help, our accomplishments will meet our expectations. Here are just a few:
- Raise funds to provide a continuum of care to our clients
- Remain available to those in crisis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Answer crisis calls and make referrals
- Provide emergency shelter to women
- Provide spiritual guidance to women
- Provide clinical hours of individual therapy
- Provide therapy group sessions
- Offer outreach services to women who do not need residential services
- Provide advocates to work hand-in-hand with women on a daily basis
- Prepare and distribute personal care kits (toiletries, etc.) to those in need
Kearah's Place is dedicated to providing transitional services to women in transition in North Carolina by providing wrap around services that promote and restore self-sufficiency with dignity. Kearah's Place takes a holistic approach to ending the cycle of poverty and homelessness for NC families.
Case managers and career development specialist's work with Transition House parents on improving money management skills, education, and employment opportunities. Families are given referrals to access additional social services including medical care, clinical counseling, recovery services, quality licensed childcare and public benefits. Case managers also help with housing searches and relocation plans. At KP our children’s program staff offers education and enrichment programs for children, and work with the school district to make sure that school-aged kids have tutoring help, supplies and transportation to get to school.